Tea ~ Herbal Spa
I have tried many egg casseroles over the years and I still tend to enjoy this version the best. Since Lactose is a Milk Sugar, there is no lactose in egg!
Oven 400* Prep time 10 min Cook Time 30 mins Serves 6 Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner
- 1 Lb. Ground Meat Browned ( I use a breakfast pork sausage or a spicy pork sausage in a tube)
- 2 c Grated Cheese ( I use Cheddar Cheese usually the Cabot brand since it is Lactose Free)
- 2 c Milk ( I use 2% Lactaid brand milk since it is Lactose Free, Target’s Market Pantry also carries Lactose Free Milk)
- 4 Eggs ( I tend to use 6)
- 1 c Bisquick ( I have been using the Aldi’s brand Baker’s corner Baking Mix if you need this meal to be gluten free I know Arrowhead Mills brand carries a Gluten Free it is a Rice based mix)
- This calls for 1/2 tsp Salt and 1/4 tsp pepper sometimes I add no salt and pepper to taste because the pork sausages adds so much sodium naturally. I have tried to stop adding salt to meals because I noticed a lot of people adding additional salt after being served food in general. I’ve just been trying to cut out my sodium intake as I get enough naturally from my food. Try it without, you’ll be surprised natural really is GOOD! When I do use pepper I use freshly ground only!
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Brown ground meat and drain thoroughly. The key is to strain the meat and place on paper towels to soak up as much of that fat grease.
- Place Meat and cheese in 9×13 I use a deep dish pan sometimes for fun
- Combine egg, milk, and bisquick (salt and pepper). I use a egg beater to mix them up but you can also place them in a blender for 1 min on high.
- Pour egg, milk, bisquick mixture over the meat and cheese
- Bake at 400* for 30 mins Check it can be cooked for up to 45 mins depending on your oven. I like the top to be browned.
- If the cheese has produced some grease on the top of your casserole you can lay a paper towel over it and dab it dry again. I prefer little to no grease it leaves the casserole too moist and oily.